COVID- 19 SAFETY PLAN
- Hand sanitizer is provided at both entrances,and by each studio and bathroom. Students must sanitize upon entry and exit into each studio.
- Both bathrooms have liquid hand soap and single use paper towels.
- Non-medical face masks are required to enter the Academy. Face masks will be mandatory in all classes. Appropriate breaks will be provided so students are able to catch their breath.
- Teachers will wear non-medical face masks at all times.
- Teachers will sanitize their hands before and after each class, as well as throughout the class.
- Teaching will be verbal to avoid contact with students.
- Unnecessary equipment and materials have been removed from common spaces and high traffic areas, such as Studio #2 and the main waiting areas.
- Signs have been posted on each studio to cap the number of people in each room.
- Markers have been placed on the floor to show where people should stand to allow for physical distancing.
- Areas at the barre and inside each studio have been taped out to show where dancers should stand to allow for physical distancing.
- Only students and teachers are allowed into the studio, and visitors are minimized.
HANDLING & SHARING EQUIPMENT
- Only props and equipment that can be properly disinfected will be shared in classes. These props will be disinfected after each student touches them.
- Students have been asked to make and bring their own props for some classes to avoid sharing of these props.
- Teachers will sanitize their hands before handing out any props.
- The front doors, studio doors, and windows will be kept open at all times to avoid touching the handles, as well as increase ventilation.
- Change rooms are off limits, and students will keep their dance bags in class in their designated spots. These spots will be sanitized before the next group of students enter.
- Students must keep their belongings in their own dance bags.
- All payments must be made by pre-approved credit card or automatic withdrawal. Cash and cheque payments are not preferred.
- Teachers are required to do a Covid-19 self assessment before they start their work day, as well as take their temperature.
- Classes have been scheduled to minimize breaks, to reduce waiting at the studio.
- Classes have been grouped together in cohorts to minimize contact with different people.
- Classes have been scheduled so students will move studios as least as possible.
- Attendances are thoroughly kept for any contact tracing purposes.
SIGNAGE & COMMUNICATIONS
- Signs have been placed on the front doors to restrict access to anyone who is feeling ill or experiencing symptoms potentially related to Covid-19.
- Physical distance signs have been placed on the floor.
- Hand hygiene signs have been posted in the bathrooms and near sanitizing stations.
- Any studio updates pertaining to Covid-19 will be sent via email.
IN CASE OF ILLNESS PROCEDURES
- All families will be requested to accept a new online waiver when registering. This waiver must be
accepted in order for your dancer to participate in class.
- Students or teachers exhibiting any signs of COVID-19 related symptoms at the studio will be asked to
leave the studio. Parents will be notified and must be available for pick-up immediately.
- All students will have the option to participate in class via zoom if they are not feeling well. Dancers must be registered in the class to receive a zoom password/meeting ID.